A month ago, on Saturday 9/4, my cousin got married to a wonderful woman, Emily. Everything about it was picture-perfect. The colors, the vows, the sweet love in their eyes. And the weather was amazing! It was an unforgettable event, for sure.
...My Aunt Carey had the wonderful idea to throw a "wedding celebration" for them a month later, as a means to kick back and enjoy each others company, while the little kids could run around. Jonathan and I kept talking about what a fun event that was. We never get to see extended family two months in a row like that; I was in heaven. :)
 |
| Sky wanted a better look at Carey's horses. I love her little bare feet. |
 |
| Kate. Whatcha thinkin about? |
 |
| Pop. Or as Sky calls him, "Pop-Pop". |
 |
| Ariel & Hannah |
 |
| Spencer & Emily. Or shall I say, "Sparky and... _____"?? ;-) |
 |
| Welcoming friends and family to their home |
 |
| ...About to cut the cake... |
 |
| ...About to smash it... ;) |
 |
| So devious. :) Look. Spencer knows it's coming. :) |
 |
| Such a sweet couple. :) |
 |
| Mom & Dad |
 |
| 5 Generations! From the left: McKayla, Megan, Melody, Margaret, Mary Ellen. All "M"'s! I'm just now realizing that! Ha! |
 |
| How Richly God has blessed us. I love my family. |
 |
| Grandie & Pop |
 |
| my grandmother and my great-grandmother |
 |
| my mom (Melody), her mom (Betsy), her grandmother (Mary Ellen), and her sister (Carey) |
|
|
 |
| They really couldn't have color-coordinated any better! |
 |
| "A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost." ~Marion C. Garrettyr |
 |
| ♥ love this. |
 |
| Hannah |
 |
| Kate |
 |
| ... :-) ... |
 |
| Carey's Beautiful Barn. If I had a barn, it would look like this. |
 |
| Hannah & Dad |
 |
| Haha |
 |
| Sky, enjoying her Strawberry. |
 |
| Sky's 3rd birthday was on Oct. 5th. Grandie got her a "Leap Top" which she's played with every day! |
 |
| So excited about her gift! |
 |
| Hannah & Ariel |
 |
| ...Hannah & Meee |
 |
| Carey has this adorable, spunky new Golden Doodle. (Did I get that right?) His name is Remington, or "Remmy" for short. ...You KNOW my sister and daughter were all over him! |
 |
| She's in love. :) |
 |
| ...Time to go... |
 |
| I love that God's blessed Carey with this house. It's a place where family gathers. A place where memories are made, year after year. I love that Sky will always have fond memories of going to "Aunt Carey's" for Christmases, playing with her aunties, second cousins, and the family dog. The same memories I had growing up. |
 |
| Zonked after a long day. :) Goodnight, princess. |
No comments:
Post a Comment