Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Alfredo Chicken & Cheese Ravioli with Peas

I used to buy those delicious rotisserie chickens from the deli counter at least once a week, and keep it in my fridge for simple recipes like cheese tortillas and chicken noodle soup. Then I started roasting my own chicken, cause it's cheaper, typically larger, and you get more delicious chicken stock out of it. I'll still cook it at the beginning of the week, and save the meat for recipes that call for cooked chicken. I typically throw it into the recipe last, to preserve the juiciness and flavors in the chicken.

Speaking of yummy chicken recipes...

I found a really simple and light recipe from Real Simple earlier this week for Ravioli With Peas and Shallots. I really enjoyed the simplicity of it, but I knew Jonathan would want something a little hardier for dinner. So I came up with this:

Alfredo Chicken & Cheese Ravioli with Peas
  • Follow the simple cooking instructions from Real Simple's recipe, using the link above. (I omitted the shallots, because most allium don't agree with my stomach.)
  • Add some already cooked shredded chicken from a rotisserie or roasted chicken.
  • Drizzle your favorite Alfredo sauce, and add some shredded or freshly grated Parmesan cheese. 
    • Omgoodness. If you haven't tried making your own Alfredo sauce,try this one!!! (Slowly whisk in some flour to thicken... and some fresh parsley, if you have some!)
Yum. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment