Friday, June 3, 2011

happy sweet, sweet 6th anniversary, babe!!

My hands start to shake as I start to write this post. It's about the most important person in the world to me. It's about my amazing husband, Jonathan.

Oh gosh, the tears start already.

I'm just going to speak from the heart, here, because if I pre-meditate on what I'm going to say this will wind up being a book. And we don't want that.

So as the story goes, we met in middle school and were good friends. Our friends were friends, which meant we were friends too I guess. I liked him. He liked me later. But I didn't know. We started hanging out with each other around our families in 2002. There was a ton of flirting and I-like-you's and I-like-you-a-lot's and woah that's intense I want to be around you every free moment I have and then. He asked me if I would go out with him. So we entered into a courtship in 2003 (was it, Babe? Or 2002 still??)  he FINALLY asked me to marry him on December 21, 2004. And I... said ..."YES!" [Cool little fact: We had our son 6 years later, to the day!]

6 years ago today, on Friday June 3 2005, Jonathan and I got married. We were soo ooooo young. I guess we still are kind of young. But I feel like we were wee babes then. Jonf was 20 and I was 21, and both completely, utterly, madly, deeply in LOVE! As I walked down the isle, I remember feeling like I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Like my eyes couldn't move to the left, or the right. They were fixed. He had the biggest smile on his face, and was slightly teary-eyed, but not like bawling his eyes out like I think I was expecting. And I was a nervous wreck. Just shaking like a leaf. Then, I remember that as soon as I got up on the stage to start our vows, my nerves went away. I looked in his eyes, and he looked into mine, and I remember thinking, "I get to marry Jonathan Farr!" What a dream come true for me. For those of you who knew me in high school, you can attest to this.

Oh, Jonf. I'm SO GLAD to be spending forever with you, my sweet boy! You are truly such an amazing father. An exemplary husband. You are the most humble, patient, selfless, hard-working man that I know. You work so hard at work and at school to provide for us, and you do it with joy and diligence. You make best use of your time, at all times. Seriously I am amazed at all the grace God's pouring out on your life, my love! Your diligence makes ME want to be a hard-working wife and mother every day that I roll out of bed. You inspire me to take hold of every opportunity and work hard, here at home. Thank you for working so hard for us. Thank you for being a fun, goofy daddy to Sky and Gray. Thank you for being willing and ready to enter into family life as soon as you get home.

Thank you for all the simple things! For the back rubs, for being willing to take part in our kids' childish joys, for bringing home flowers every once in a while, for running out to the store so that I don't have to. Thank you for the way you continually seek ways you can grow as an individual, as a child of God, as a man, as a husband, as a father!

I am so blessed by you and so THANKFUL that I'm your wife! I still can't believe I get to be married to YOU, Jonathan Farr.


Happy Anniversary, Bubby. Happy sweet, sweet 6th Anniversary.

I love you with all of me.


(...more than 1,000,000 elephants.)



4 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you my sweet girl! I am the luckiest, most blessed, most fortunate guy in the world. I cannot imagine spending the last 6 years with anyone else in the entire world. There is no one else! I am so excited that I get to be with you as we start our 7th year as a married couple. I love you so much my princepessa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful video. You guys surely are a very cute couple. What a sweet story of your love and journey together. What a wonderful example to your 2 beautiful children of what true love is.
    Happy Anniversary! Here's to many many many many many many more beautiful years for you both and many more anniversaries to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, you guys are too cute! i remember your story. =) and look how far the Lord has taken you already! so happy anniversary! LOVED the video, btw. you guys are blessed with a beautiful family! may the Lord bless you with many more years together. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was really sweet. I feel like your relationship has so much of God in it.

    ReplyDelete