In the midst of all the craziness it's so easy to forget all the sweet moments that fill my week. The little things that make me smile throughout chaos. My children are growing up ever so quickly, and I kept finding myself thinking this week, "I hope I never forget this! I hope I never forget this!"
G R A Y S O N
| current favorite toy: blue hippo. you love to gnaw on this thing. |
You've started to make all kinds of vowel sounds in your baby talk this week. And you're teething like crazy, so your onesies are constantly drenched in drool. Today I learned that you like it when I rub your gums. You also discovered how to make spit bubbles this week! I love it. :) When I fed you carrots the other day, you spit them everywhere. I couldn't help but laugh. :)I know it won't be cute for much longer.
| you're so happy in the mornings. i just love you. |
You're trying so hard to sit up on your own! I prop you up with the Boppy pillow, and you lean forward to reach for toys. This week you've REALLY started to love your toys! You're starting to remember things and favor things. You prefer to play in your Jump-a-roo more than any of your other toys. I say, "Jump-a-roooooooo!!!" and your face lights up! You know what else I discovered this week?! I could be wrong, but I *think* you might be a leftie like mommy.
| jump-a-rooooooo |
S C H U Y L E R
Sweet girl! You have tried so hard to obey mommy all week! ...With a few exceptions like our Target trip on Thursday where you ran off grunting and running around in circles like a maniac. ;) You were quick to apologize--on your own initiative-- and in the end I was way more encouraged than discouraged. You also have been so eager to help me out. Your compassion for your brother has sky-rocketed in the past week!! When Gray cries, you run to him to try and comfort him.
Your independence has grown a lot this week, too! You're wanting to do more and more things ALL by yourself. For example, on Tuesday night, when mommy put you in the bath, you bathed yourself, pulled the plug and got out, dried yourself off, put on your bath robe & slippers, and proceeded to go downstairs for a snack. You helped yourself to some oyster crackers and raisins from the pantry and turned on a movie. And I didn't stop you, because it cracked me up. That was such a funny little moment for mommy. :)
I've been so surprised at how much you love doing "pre-school time" with mommy! You learned how to write your name this week! Except, you like to write it YOUR way, like this: "SkY FArr". I love it too much to try and tell you the "right" way to do it. We'll get it down eventually. You're just 3.
You never tire of playing "dog catcher". This week, you've ONLY wanted to play with toys that have to do with dogs. "Puppy Play-Doh" is your favorite activity right now.
Here are some quotes of yours that I've been laughing at all week:
- "Dee-doo, dee-doo, dee-doo": the sound that the blinker makes in the car
- "What's up, DABE?!": You think mommy and daddy call each other "dabe", when we're really saying, "babe".
- "I will be content with my new gold fish even though it's not a puppy." .wow. and. thank you.
- Me: "Sky, do you remember what the President's name is?" Sky: "Chico Farr! Hahahaha!! His name is Chico Barack Obama Farr." --You are so three.
adorable post, megan! so wonderful to see you enjoying your daily days with your sweet kids.
ReplyDelete