Crafts. Building forts. Meal planning. Changing diapers. Feeding the baby. Bathing both kids. Combing out stubborn tangles. Wiping butts. Cleaning the kitchen. Cooking meals. Cleaning the kitchen again. Reading books. Having dancy-dance parties. Preschool time. Laundry. Getting baby poop out of clothes. Finding hidden sippy cups. And more crafts.
That was my day today. And it repeats on most weekdays. By the time the kids are in bed, I sigh a sigh of relief and subconsciously think about all the many things I want to get done while I have some alone time...
When it's about time to go upstairs for the night, I really start to miss them. I know it's crazy. I'm with them all day and on days like today, I would have paid big money to have a half an hour to myself. But I just have to tuck them in one last time. Just one more peek at them before I go to sleep myself.
You melt my heart, my Sweet Children. I am so thankful you are mine.
such a sweet post! happy mother's day. :)
ReplyDeleteyour the best mommy, that is why you miss them when they are asleep. :) love you
ReplyDelete