“Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.” -Emilie Buchwald
![]() |
| Image: Read All About It! |
Children's books. I just love them! I love the smell, I love the way they take you away to another world, I love the smile they lend to my daughter's face for a moment while I read to her. There's just something to be said about a well-written book with pretty illustrations that have the ability to captivate my three-year-old's attention; especially in this day in age. Since she's been born, I've been collecting these fantastic books for our growing family, and keeping mental notes of others that I'd like to get some time soon.
I thought I'd finally jot down some authors and their books that we love so much.
- Arnold Lobel.
His characters are witty and so relatable. Easy to read, easy to understand. If you were ever a kid... you've probably enjoyed reading a book of his. ;) We like: - Frog And Toad
- Owl At Home
- Mo Willems.
You'd recognize him from his "Pigeon" books, but we adore the "Knuffle Bunny" books! Playful, relatable story lines captivate my daughter's attention. And mine, too. We like: - Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale
- Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case Of Mistaken Identity
- Knuffle Bunny Free: An Unexpected Diversion
- Kevin Henkes.
His illustrations are my favorite. I particularly love, love the colors he uses, when in fact he chooses to illustrate in color... You should check out his website. - Little White Rabbit
- Old Bear
- A Good Day
- Kitten's First Full Moon (Sky's favorite)
- My Garden (This book is so dear. The colors are perfect and playful.)
- Owen
- Karma Wilson.
WE LOVE all her "Bear" books! What a whimsical and catchy series. Our favorite book of hers is her very first "Bear" book... - Bear Snores On
- Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler.
Such a CLEVER SERIES! Okay you have to read these witty books. Whenever I finish reading these stories to Sky, I close the book with the thought, "Why didn't I think of that?!" Kudos to Alissa for discovering these! - The Gruffalo
- The Gruffalo's Child
- Robert McCloskey.
These are books your mom grew up reading. I love how he takes the time to describe the details. - Blueberries For Sal (Sky loves this one.)
- One Morning in Maine

I often find myself relating something in life to a children's book I read. Mostly images. Everytime I go into a bookstore I just want to camp out in the children's section and read them forever and have kids to read them to. I feel like they contributed to who I am just like Barney did. And, I'm not really joking about that... :)
ReplyDelete