The day finally came for Jess and me to throw this much-anticipated shower for our best friend. :) With Reagan Avonlea being the second girl for the Zaal's, Alissa was adamant that we not throw her a big shower... but Liss means so much to so many different people... we wouldn't have it any other way.
I couldn't have pulled this all off myself. My husband was so amazing, right there to help me with whatever petty last minute stuff I had. Judy came over the night before and did tons of crafting with me. That woman can do anything. And with all the craftiness and yummy's that Jess brought to the shower, I learned that Jess is a girl after my own heart. She helped me with half of everything needed to pull it all off.
The food was amazing. The decorations were outta control. Anne of Avonlea quotes were placed throughout the home. The gifts were perfect... everything just fell into place. But beyond all of this, Alissa had a huge smile plastered on her face the entire time. And this made everything worth it.
____________________
.family.
 |
| This needs a caption. :) Mom-Mom loves the color green; particularly this color chartreuse. So I ran upstairs and pulled my green pillows from my closet and used them to decorate with for the shower. Judy said, "I bet you Mom-Mom is going to pretend to steal your green pillows! She LOVES that color green!!!" And sure enough, at the end of the party, she pretended to walk out of the house with them. :) It made my day. I had decided ahead of time that, if she did that I would go ahead and give her one of them. :) It's always more fun to give things away then to keep them for ourselves, I think. Love you, Mom-Mom. |
.sweet friends.
.games.
 |
| Jess came up with this terrific game for the shower! Each person drew a picture of what they thought Reagan will look like. Liss picked the winner... I think it was the top row in the middle because of her big smile. :) ((Don't you love the cat?! ha!) |
.gifts.
 |
| Judy painted and crafted this beautiful purple box for Reagan's room. |
.purpley decor.
 |
| handmade poms. |
 |
| water bottles rapped in brown ribbon. even the bucket was purple inside. :) |
 |
| floating candles in Mason Jars. Who doesn't love Mason Jars? |
 |
| Anne of Avonlea quotes were placed throughout the shower. Here they were hung in the opening. And Judy made these amazing pinwheels stuck in votives and held by sand. On the outside, of each was a letter, and they were grouped together to spell out "Reagan". |
 |
| Anne of Avonlea quote. Just seemed so fitting. Especially if you've read Alissa's story on her blog. |
 |
| .R. .E. .A. .G. .A. .N. |
.food.
 |
| I kid you not when I say... the food was phenomenal. Or, maybe I was just really hungry by the time 10:30 came around. :) |
 |
| Jess made these amazing cake pops. They were on everyone's plate. |
 |
| ...and aren't they just purdy? |
 |
| I made these little dress napkins. So petite and dainty. I felt bad wiping my dirty mouth on them. |
 |
| Judy found ALL the purple candy for the shower. So elegant, no? |
 |
| *Someone* had a little too much sugar that day. :) |
 |
| ...yummy yummy... |
 |
| Mini Pancakes, with blueberries and mint. These just made me smile. :) |
 |
| Vanilla Almond Cake with Blackberry Buttercream Frosting. |
 |
The Favors.
You got TWO favors for coming to this shower! The little jars read, "You
are sweet as can be, precious to me, baby of mine." || And Judy made
little take-out boxes filled with all kinds of personalized and purpley
candies!! On the outside there was an Anne of Avonlea quote attached to
each box. Fun stuff.
Liss, it was an honor for us to throw this shower for you, my sweet friend! You are my Godsend and I love you.
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment