"Enjoy the little things in life. For one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."
That little quote by Mr. Author Unknown has been so true for me as a momma these past 5 years. We don't go on a ton of vacations or extravagant adventures. But we make lots of memories doing simple stuff, and lately this has meant a lot of "firsts and lasts" for us.
Sky's last day of school:
So did ya hear?!! We're going to be homeschooling for first grade! And by we, I mean I. ...I am going to be homeschooling.... and that's terrifying to me. But terrifying in a good way- like- I'm really super excited. And nervous, because this girl is a smart cookie, and that intimidates me a little. But mostly just excited. We're going to have fun, and learn lots of great things and discover who God is through things that we learn. Despite how much she truly loved the primary school, she is so thrilled to be coming home to learn. And that makes this huge life-altering decision such a joy for me.
This leads right into our next bigger piece of news. This month was our last month as Covenant Life Church. We have so many mixed feelings about this, because of all that Cov Life means to us as a family. Jonathan has known no other church but this one. This is the place where Jonathan and I met. The place we went to school, and grew up. The place where my parents got married, and where WE got married. But with us homeschooling this coming year and with our children getting older, it's become increasingly important that we attend a church more local. It would be extremely difficult for me to home school our kids if I don't have friends nearby to do life with. We also want so much to be a part of our church, the way that Jonathan and I were when we were growing up. And it's just not been possible with us living in Frederick. We're excited about our new church so close to home, but right now we only know a few people there. If you're the praying type, we'd appreciate prayer during this transition. I know that in time it'll feel like home, but right now we're the new people. :)
Gray's first big boy "bed":
So far, so good! We took the rail down off his crib about a month ago, and so far he hasn't gotten out. Like, not even once. He wakes up in the morning and shouts, "MOMMY, DADDY, I'M READY TO GET UP!" and waits for us to come in and get him! .....I know, right?! Such a good boy. Most of the time.
This leads right into our next bigger piece of news. This month was our last month as Covenant Life Church. We have so many mixed feelings about this, because of all that Cov Life means to us as a family. Jonathan has known no other church but this one. This is the place where Jonathan and I met. The place we went to school, and grew up. The place where my parents got married, and where WE got married. But with us homeschooling this coming year and with our children getting older, it's become increasingly important that we attend a church more local. It would be extremely difficult for me to home school our kids if I don't have friends nearby to do life with. We also want so much to be a part of our church, the way that Jonathan and I were when we were growing up. And it's just not been possible with us living in Frederick. We're excited about our new church so close to home, but right now we only know a few people there. If you're the praying type, we'd appreciate prayer during this transition. I know that in time it'll feel like home, but right now we're the new people. :)
Gray's first big boy "bed":
So far, so good! We took the rail down off his crib about a month ago, and so far he hasn't gotten out. Like, not even once. He wakes up in the morning and shouts, "MOMMY, DADDY, I'M READY TO GET UP!" and waits for us to come in and get him! .....I know, right?! Such a good boy. Most of the time.
He def flipped out the morning he woke up and remembered his long hair was gone. He begged me to "put his hair back". --> He's over it now.
My first time baking eggs:
We Farrs love us some eggs. ;) I just scrambled eggs in with my favorite omelet ingredients, and baked in a mini dish at 375 degrees for 15-20 mins max. Bam.
First day horseback riding at Gigi's house:
We Farrs love us some eggs. ;) I just scrambled eggs in with my favorite omelet ingredients, and baked in a mini dish at 375 degrees for 15-20 mins max. Bam.
First day horseback riding at Gigi's house:
She did so well! She came home telling me all about her adventures at her horsemanship class at my mom's. :) I loved watching her face light up as she trotted over to me with pride.
During Sky's horsemanship week at my mom's camp, we had a minor catastrophe. Which I'm sure everyone and their mom has already read about all over Facebook: Gray had a MAJOR diaper accident while we were killing time at the library, which lead to:
THE VERY LAST TIME I'll ever forget to bring enough diaper wipes with me.
This has also been a huge month of reflection for me. It's my last month of my twenties, and I'll be turning thirty on the 17th. For a while I had been just dreading my birthday. I know I'm ridiculous but turning thirty felt scary at first. Now, I just feel ready. I've worked hard to get here and God's been so faithful to me. I have a wonderful husband, two beautiful children and a lovely roof over my head. Welcome, 30.
During Sky's horsemanship week at my mom's camp, we had a minor catastrophe. Which I'm sure everyone and their mom has already read about all over Facebook: Gray had a MAJOR diaper accident while we were killing time at the library, which lead to:
THE VERY LAST TIME I'll ever forget to bring enough diaper wipes with me.
This has also been a huge month of reflection for me. It's my last month of my twenties, and I'll be turning thirty on the 17th. For a while I had been just dreading my birthday. I know I'm ridiculous but turning thirty felt scary at first. Now, I just feel ready. I've worked hard to get here and God's been so faithful to me. I have a wonderful husband, two beautiful children and a lovely roof over my head. Welcome, 30.

No comments:
Post a Comment