Saturday, December 8, 2012

Stuffed Peppers Recipe

Hi. :-D Guess what. I have a new look to my blog. Thanks bubs!! You da best!

So but I wanted to share this recipe, only because it's freaking amazing + hearty anddd my kids gobbled it up, which was pretty fantastic. I made it 3 nights ago but am still thinking about it.


This is an adapted recipe from  a link I found through Pinterest. It looked so cheesy + scrumptious but as always I didn't have the same ingredients on hand. So here's my adapted version.

Ingredients::
  • 1 large carrot, minced
  • a couple slices pepper, minced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • about 1/4 onion, minced
  • dried basil, minced
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey, cooked
  • 1 hand full low-fat shredded cheese
  • 2 c. 5 grain blend or quinoa, cooked
  • 1/4 c. tomato sauce
  • 1 c. chicken broth
What I did::
-preheat oven to 400 degrees.
-cut your peppers lengthwise, + spoon out all the seeds. lay flat on a pan and set aside.
- cook whatever grain you choose to use.
- meanwhile, saute' your first 5 minced ingredients with a little bit of EVOO. set aside in a bowl, and use that pan to cook your ground meat. 
-when meat is almost cooked through, add your sauteed veggies to the meat. add tomato sauce and 1/2 c. of your chicken broth. let simmer. add grains and your hand full of cheese. :) YUM. (This mixture smells and tastes so. good.)
-loaddd the mixture into your pepper shells. Pour remaining chicken broth to the bottom of the pan. 
-bake COVERED for about 30 minutes. 

There are SO many stuffed pepper recipes out there. This was actually the first one I had ever made, which I guess is why I was so excited about the delicious results. ;) 

Let me know if you try it?


2 comments:

  1. i don't even like peppers, and this looks yummy to me!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know my kids liked peppers! ;)

      Delete