Lets call this one...
Penne & Creamy Asparagus with Chicken
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
- 1lb penne pasta
- 2T butter
- 1 1/4lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1" pieces) -or- left over rotisserie chicken
- 3/4c. heavy cream
- 1/2c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2c. chicken broth
- 1/4t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/4c. toasted walnuts
1. Bring water to a boil. Add asparagus & cook 2 mins. Scoop out asparagus and set aside.
2. Return water to a boil. Cook your pasta and drain. Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken and cook through till no longer pink. Add some kosher salt and pepper in there. Obviously if you're using leftover chicken, you skip this whole step.
3. In heated pan, combine chicken broth, heavy cream, s+p with the asparagus and chicken.
4. Simmer everything until slightly reduced, aprox 7-8 minutes. Toss with pasta. Add walnuts.
Why I love this recipe:
Well for one, I love creamy pasta dishes. Pasta is the ultimate in comfort food. This dish has been a favorite of ours since I discovered it 5 years ago. I appreciate that the walnuts work so well with the Parmesan cheese in this dish. And, sky loves the asparagus because it's covered in creamy yumminess.
_______________________________
Easy Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 1c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 c. butter
- 3/4 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- chopped herbs, coursely chopped. I'm always partial to parsley.
- 1/2 T. of flour.
Over medium-low heat, combine whipping cream, and butter. Slowly add the parm cheese, whisking till sauce is heated through. Add parsley. If sauce seems too thin, slowly whisk flour. Serve over whole grain pasta and grilled chicken. Serves 4.
Delish. That's all I have to say. Hope you try it, and enjoy!
ummm i want some of both. right now please. you can't post about them and not make some for me :) seriosuly its been like over a week since i had the alfredo, lets make it one night soon k?
ReplyDeleteyummy! thanks for sharing the alfredo recipe especially. :) just made creamy tomato sauce last night & was wondering what to do with the rest of my cream : )
ReplyDelete