Thursday, April 15, 2010

South Mountain Creamery

On Saturday we took a wonderful trip down the street to a dairy farm. South Mountain Creamery was celebrating their 9th Anniversary by selling their home-made ice cream for $1, which was a perfect excuse for us to visit! (BTW, their homemade strawberry ice cream was the best I've ever tasted, hands down.) I had been interested in their products, particularly their milk, as I prefer to buy it non-homogenized for Sky's sensitive stomach. Their Creamery will be a great benefit to us in Middletown, as we don't have a Whole Foods here in Frederick!
Understandably, Sky ADORED these sweet baby calves.
Sky: "Can I give this baby calf some lovin?" Me: "What do you mean?" Sky: --kiss--
It's probably a good thing she didn't ask if we could take one home.
Because I probably would have said yes.
Such a Farr. :)


Can I hear one collective, "AWWW!"
The great thing about this local creamery is that they deliver cold milk in glass jars, right to your door! This would particularly be helpful to moms who can't make it out to the specialty grocery store every week. They cover a 70 mile radius, and would be able to deliver to all my Mont. Co. friends. :)
Every day at 4pm, they feed the baby calves. The owner told me all are welcome, without appointment!








Next weekend, they're having a "Cow Caper Festival" on April 24th & 25th.
www.SouthMountainCreamery.com for more info! :)

5 comments:

  1. That was a lot of fun....and THE BEST strawberry ice cream!

    -Jonf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Very cute photos and such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't get over sky's adorable curls! looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I am probably the last one in the world to notice this, but I see a Noelle when I look at Sky! Crazy!!! I see both of you too but something familiar struck me and I realized I saw Wo Wo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina! It's so funny that you saw that. Doesn't she look like Wo Wo?! Every now and then she'll make a face and I'm like, wow. That really looks like your aunt, girlie!!! :) I love how Adelae looks so much like Destiny. I'm sure you hear that a lot, but I was looking thru pics that Rachel posted of your vacation and I kept doing double-takes looking at Adelae. :) So fun. :)

    ReplyDelete