Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Baked Rice Pudding


I tried this Pillsbury recipe one day when I felt like we had *no* food in the house. I wanted something sweet and warm that I could serve with vanilla icecream, and it definitely exceeded my expectations! I got a, "Oh wow, this is amazing" out of every person I fed this to. Hope you try it and... ENJOY!

Rice Mixture:
  • 1/2 c. uncooked regular long-grain white rice
  • 2 T. sugar
  • 2 c. milk
  • 1 T. margarine or butter
Pudding:
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1/2 t. cinnamon
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1/4 t. nutmeg
  • 1/2 c. raisins
  • 2 c. milk
1. In medium saucepan, combine all rice mixture ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cook uncovered 20-25 minutes or until creamy, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool for ~10 min. or so.
2. Heat oven to 350 (there seriously should be a "degrees" buttons on computers!) Lightly grease an 8"square baking dish. In large bowl, beat eggs; stir in all remaining pudding ingredients and rice mixture. Pour into greased baking dish.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 55-60 mins or until set. Serve warm or cold.

Note: Don't forget the vanilla icecream! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment