So the past couple months have been crazy busy, trying to fit in as many of those fun summer activities as possible before starting up homeschooling, AND prepping for this major huge adventure we were about to start.
I was so scared that we weren't making the best decision for our family in starting this up. I was excited but crazy nervous that I wasn't going to be able to pull it off as a good/ patient/ loving/ prepared/ organized/ adequate homeschool mom.
But now we've been homeschooling for about a month and I can honestly say that I love it. It's the most perfect fit for our family, for where we are right now. And all those lies in my head about my own inadequacies that I was believing were all very wrong, too. God's grace is here to help us get through this every single day. I don't know why I'm *this* surprised that it's been so much fun for all of us!
YES we have our moments where we need to take a break. Where we need to calm ourselves down, give each other hugs, and try again. YES it's completely trying and challenging to every member of our family. YES there have already been days where I've needed to say, "You know what?! You're too silly to focus on what Mommy's saying right now. Let's go play for 15 minutes and then we'll try again".
But I'm finding that that's the very beauty of homeschooling: there's structure with flexibility. And God supplies us with the strength to move forward with joy... He really does.
Here are some pics of our homeschooling "adventure" so far.
![]() |
| Her "first day of school" pic |
![]() |
| Sky and her BF and next door neighbor Kaylie on their first day. :) Kaylie is going to an awesome private school local to us. |
| She told me that it was her best first day of school "ever". PHEW! |
Our homeschool wall has been fun to set up! There are three chairs for me + the kids, and reminders all around me to "let them be little" and to "teach love". I unashamedly REALLY love our joyful space.
![]() |
| Sky goes to a science class at my mom's house every Thursday. And I get special time with my boy. :) |
![]() |
| So silly, all throughout the day. :) |







No comments:
Post a Comment