Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A True Precious Moment

Every now and then, Sky says something profound that takes me by surprise and leaves me thanking God for working in her little heart. I experienced such a moment this morning.

After Sky finished singing her favorite song, "Oh, happy day, happy day! you washed my sin away!" she looks at me and asks, "what's sin?" I stood there a second trying to think about how to answer her and she continues, "Is it like sticky syrup on your hands alllll over and you have to wash it off?" to which I said, "YES!! it's like we need to wash it off but Jesus is the only one who can get it off for us".

I think it's so amazing how the Holy Spirit can draw near to even the littlest of children. So thankful for sweet times like these.

3 comments:

  1. I remember one time a few years ago Summer asked if God created the world using puzzle pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. Summer and Sky both seem to think along the same lines. :)

    ReplyDelete